Refundable holding deposit-1 Week’s rent (depend on monthly rental)
1. Our commission is charged at 10% plus VAT of the rental period, to introduce tenants. If management service required then a separate management agreement must be signed with the terms and condition of the management agreement.
2. For any prospective tenants we take up references, we will provide you with those references and if you are happy with them only then enter in to the tenancy with those tenants.
3. The agreement is drawn up between the landlord and the Tenant.
4. It is always recommended to use the services of a professional inventory company for producing the check-in and check-out inventory reports. It is the responsibility of the landlord and the tenant to prove that the property is damaged or not damaged and the Robert Terry will not be liable for making any decisions about the property damages.
5. For rent collections service a further fee of two & a half percentages plus VAT of monthly rental payable by the landlord. For rent collection service will include collection of rent and forward the same after deducting our monthly fees.
6. At the end of the contract if the tenant takes up a new agreement or stays on in the property a further fee of 8% is charged until the tenant vacates the property. The commission account bill become due for payment on the renewal date of the new period, and payable by the landlord. In the event, the landlord decided to sell the property during the tenancy then the landlord’s successor will be liable for the renewal fees. It is duty of the landlord to inform the new owner and us of any changes to the ownership.
7. If the Landlord resides abroad, the Agents for HM Revenue and Customs under Taxes Management Act will retain 20% of the rental. Alternatively, a letter from Landlords accountants will be required stating that they will take care of all Landlords Tax returns and indemnifying Robert Terry against any liabilities. In order for us to pay without deduction.
8. If the tenant vacates the property or Landlord terminates the tenancy before the end of the contract the commission is not refundable.
9. The Landlord is responsible for informing telephone provider about the changeover.
10. The Landlord is responsible for insuring the Building and Contents therein.
11. The Landlords are responsible to ensure the property let through Robert Terry meets The Housing Act 2004 requirement for licensing (HMO) of your property in multiple occupancies, and Indemnifying Robert Terry against any liabilities.
12. It is the Landlord’s responsibility regarding safety inspection and testing of gas and Electrical equipment also furniture and Fire safety requirement, and Smoke alarms have been fitted on every floor. They have been checked and are in working order at the outset of the tenancy, and regularly checked by the landlord by a quailed contractor to ensure in working order all times.
13. The Landlord is responsible to obtain Gas and Electricity Safety Certificates, and renew these certificates regularly until the Property is on Rental.
14. From 6th April 2007 the deposit you receive from the tenant must be protected in a government authorised tenancy deposit scheme and comply with it fully. Please note that Robert Terry do not hold the deposit given by the tenant and the landlord indemnify Robert Terry from any liability.
15. Land Lord is Responsible under Energy Performance and Buildings Directive (EPBD) to provide an Energy Efficiency Certificates (EPC) which will be valid for ten years, to prospective tenants, the first time you let or re-let your property after 1 October 2008 this must be provided at the time prospective tenants start to view the property or marketing your property whichever is earlier.
16. Landlord agree to obtain references from tenant once we found a suitable tenant for the property, and if then the landlord refuse to take that tenant then agree to refund the reference and related cost to us.
17. Should the tenant fail to pay their rent on time, it is landlord responsibility to take necessary legal; action at their cost to remove the tenant, and recover any unpaid rent. Should the landlord require us to assist them in any way or attend the court on their behalf then a fee of £250 plus VAT will be payable by the landlord to us.
18. It is the Landlord’s responsibility regarding safety inspection and testing of gas and Electrical equipment also furniture, fire safety requirement and smoke alarms & carbon monoxide have been fitted on every floor. They have been checked and are in working order at the outset of the tenancy and regularly checked by the landlord by a quailed contractor to ensure in working order all times.
19. Money laundering regulation require us to obtain from you property ownership & identification to be taken at the time instruction to let your property. We require from you a photo card ID such as your passport or Driving license, and a recent utility bill within three months old.
20. Holding deposit can be retained if the tenant: